Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thoughts on Biscuit's perception of his world (a.k.a. Me)


The longer our little Pop-tart camps out inside me, the more I wonder about how he perceives his environment, what it must be like in there for him, and if there might be a reasonable comparison I could wrap my head around (having no memories of the experience myself).
Initially, the film "2001: A Space Odyssey" popped into my head. The iconic image of a fetus floating deep in space, and like visuals--peaceful, infinite, weightless; but two things kept disrupting those mental pictures. The first, was that I personally feel the polar opposite of these things (particularly the "weightless" bit), and the second is the part in the movie where the Russian astronaut's head implodes... I don't know, that last one just sort of wrecked it for me.

So, I'm going with the "yurt" concept. I couldn't find info or images of any which were pictured (or could tolerate) submersion in water (or any other type of pseudo-amniotic goo, for that matter) but I feel totally comfortable with the notion that I have become a human yurt for this little loaf of lovin': Warm, weather-proof and delightfully rotund (plus it's easy to keep track of your stuff in a round house)--can you really blame the guy for wanting to hang out a bit?

Stay tuned for more deep and powerful thoughts as the Biscuit turns...

1 comment:

  1. oh, the profundity...I am stupefied and amazed, and hope to heck that the Biscuit arrives with a very well developed sense of humor. ;-)

    ReplyDelete