Howdy Folks!
Well, the Biscuit is enjoying his uterine condo and doesn't appear to have begun packing yet for the big move. He is still sitting up like a chubby little totem pole (see us on the left, at Cape San Blas...You can't tell, but we're sitting in virtually the same position), highland dancing on my bladder most of the day. I saw the HR specialist yesterday (the first words out of his mouth were: "What the hell are you feeding that boy?"). He's up to approx. 7lbs 10oz, with a few more weeks to go... Yikes.
We have decided to give the ECV procedure a go, to help the little stink-pot find the exit. It involves an epidural (for me) and a fair bit of manipulation (pushing, massaging etc) of the monkey from the outside, to manually flip him over. The doc, whom we trust very much, said there is still ample fluid and room for him to move, so we're going for it. Of course, our 7 1/2 pound toaster pastry will be closely monitored throughout the entire process, and I'll have to stick around in the L&D unit for at least 5 hours for observation. If anything goes sideways, they'll be ready. I am a little nervous, but I'm staying positive so I don't get too scared, and Mark will be there with us the whole time which is always a comfort (see photo on the right). The folks at the specialist's office have always taken great care of us and they know what they're doing.
Wish us luck!!
Right now, I have to go get dressed for a baby shower!!! Courtesy of my beautiful bride and our good friend Tina!

I wish I could come to the baby shower :(
ReplyDeleteWE'll be thinking of Claire and you (and that pesky little comfort monger, the Biscuit) tomorrow... When oh when are you two going to agree on a name, a real name, for the little fella'?
ReplyDeleteBig, big hugs.
love from Dolly/Roon