OK folks and friends, Claire and I have decided to try to get this going again. She is obviously quite busy with Nathan and school, and as for me, well, I dont have any good excuses other than my poor typing skills and lack of literary creativity. Claire is the creative one, I mow the lawn.
Kudos to Jason and Lindsey for keeping up with their blog tho. With the 2 Auborn frocked gremlins running around Im sure theres no lack of distraction for them either. Good on ya.
So I got back from Afghanistan in July. I was able to call Claire every day and we chatted on a military sponsored irc. They even had a place where I could Skype with her. Quite an improvement from when I was there as a flyer in 2005. Bagram was the same pretty much, but everything seemed to have a different tone to it because this was the first time I was there having Claire in my life. Its a double feeling, Im loving being married to her and having Nathan and our life, so Im happy, but became sad when I left and its hard to be apart, and Claire had to take care of the baby by herself etc. As opposed to my previous life, where I was not happy at home, very stressed out, and couldnt wait to deploy when it was my turn. I was actually more relaxed to be in a 4th world country in a war zone away from all the stuff at home. So its hard either way but, of course, Claire brought happy back in to my life and then Nathan. I much prefer things the way they are now, I sure did miss them when I was gone, though.
Thanks to all of you that sent care packages, its such a treat to get mail and little packages over there. If anyone wants to send packages to random GIs over there I have an address for it. It really makes their day.
Claires been knocking out her school, she graduates before the end of the year, and Ive been working on the base, my job is going well. Bryna is having her 13th BD today. We will celebrate with her next week when the kids are all here.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment