Wednesday, March 4, 2009

While I have a minute...I think....sshhhh....







I haven't been ignoring my blogger duties, just totally captivated by the squirmy little chunk of humanity we call (among other things) "Nate". On Friday, he will be 1 month old. AMAZING! It feels as though he's only just arrived and that he's always been with us. It also means I haven't had more than 2.5 hours of sleep at a stretch, yet I continue to make important life decisions, operate major appliances and negotiate various and sundry doctor's appointments and house guest commitments, and as of Monday, function as a full-time college student--yet again.
Frightening, to say the least.


For those who've been asking, my recovery is going well. This birthing thing I was so bent on experiencing has been an eye-opening adventure filled with umm...."sensations" I'd never imagined possible. Remember those line-backer shoulders you all were so impressed with in the newbie photos? Hmmm, yes... suffice it to say we were BOTH in diapers for the first coupla weeks--Yoinks!! I'm feeling better every day (sleep deprivation notwithstanding) and thoroughly enjoying devoting virtually all of my time and energy to the Biscuit (who, by the way, has the appetite of a 23 year old man and a set of pipes that both make me proud and curl my hair).
Oh, and that guy I believe I may have married a while back, who lives in the guest room is also completely taken with sweet lil' Monkey-Toe, and has been a tremendous help to both of us in so many ways; I just wish I could remember his name, I'd send a card or something...




Any-hoo we are all adjusting to our new life, and it gets better every day. More pics and news to come.



xoClaire and the Boobman

1 comment:

  1. Oh Claire, how you warm my heart and tickle my funny bone. It is truly amazing how ALL that goes into the birthing can begin to fade, (whilst upon a soft cushion)as you gaze in awe at the boisterou/peaceful new life you've created. Thanks for taking the time to keep interested parties up to date!!! xoxo Pat

    ReplyDelete